Warm Up Your Winter in Lodi, California
Mulled Wine is a wonderful warm beverage that is traditionally served during the winter months, especially Christmas time. This simple recipe is sure to become a tradition in any home!
- Bottle of your favorite Lodi red wine
- Spices – 4 Cardamom pods, 1 cinnamon stick, 3 star anise, and 4 whole cloves
- 1 Orange – zested and cut up
- 1 Apple – diced
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Pour wine into sauce pan.
- Add spices, orange zest, cut up orange, diced apples, and sugar to the wine.
- Lightly simmer for 10-15 minutes. Do not boil: this could make the alcohol burn out and could give the wine a burnt caramel taste.
- Pour into your favorite glass mugs and enjoy!
Not the recipe making type? No problem. Head to downtown Lodi and grab a glass of mulled wine from the Weibel Family Tasting room. Cozy up next to the fireplace in this intimate tasting room located in the heart of downtown Lodi. The warmth of the interior decor and welcoming staff will have you keep coming back for more.
The event will highlight the latest in local tourism and honor Lodi’s 2018 Tourism Advocate of the Year and Winery of the Year.
It may be getting colder outside, but that doesn’t mean the paddling season has to end. Headwaters Kayak Shop has planned two paddle events that will allow Lodians and others from surrounding areas to enjoy the rare experience of an afternoon on the Mokelumne River during the fall and winter seasons.
Be the first to know
Sign up to receive the latest news and events in Lodi!