2020 Essential Road Trip Checklist
Travelers are more cautious about flying today due to the pandemic. Road trips are expected to replace the air miles logged this year with travelers going as far as 500 miles (one way) to their vacation destination. With that many miles on the road, we’ve put together the Essential Road Trip Packing List to ensure you’re running smoothly throughout the trip. Download the pdf here: 2020 essential road trip checklist
- Driver’s License & Registration
- Vehicle Insurance
- Trip Plan – Let someone you know when you’re leaving, going and coming back in case of an emergency. Make sure they have all your contact information.
- Roadside Emergency Kit
- Fix A Flat in case of a punctured tire.
- Map/Directions of where you are going. Bring a paper map or download maps.me app because there isn’t cell service everywhere.
- Important contact phone numbers
- Water bottle for staying hydrated on the road
- Phone/wall charger cord to keep your electronic devices powered
Big Difference Makers
- Emergency cash – coins and small bills. Cash is still king in many places, especially for parking meters and tolls.
- Hand sanitizer
- First Aid Kit – Band-aids, antiseptic, safety pins, aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen
- Bug spray
- Toilet Paper
- Slippers for when you need some foot relief.
- A few gallons of emergency water in case of emergencies.
- Battery bank in case you can’t find a way to power your electronics for a long period of time.
- Wet wipes for those occasional sticky messes.
- Hair brush
- List of the best hotels to stay in
From Ordinary to Extraordinary
- Road trip play list with favorite sing-a-long songs to sing at the top of your voice! Bring audio books for those times you want a change.
- Travel camera to capture higher quality photos.
- Travel games to keep everyone entertained in the car.
- Backpack in case you want to bring essentials for your spontaneous hike.
- UV Window shade to block out the sun on one side of the car
- Travel Pillow and blankets to keep you comfortable in case you want to take a nap
- Car cooler to keep your favorite drinks and food cool
- Swiss Army Knife for all kinds of situations
- Garbage/plastic bags for storing waste and dirty clothes
- Snacks – No road trip would be complete without your favorite snacks.
- Location of the city’s Visitors Center
With this list, you are ready for your next adventure on the road no matter where it takes you. For more travel ideas, visit www.visitlodi.com.
Be the first to know
Sign up to receive the latest news and events in Lodi!